Friday, October 22, 2010

Peel off Masks

Here is a bit or randomness for all two of my readers...hehehe. Tonight my dear, wonderful, sweet husband asked me how long it had been since we did peel off masks. I laughed and said, "forever".
So we decided it might be fun to do it tonight. I opened the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and pulled out my tube of St. Ives Hydroxy Masque that has been sitting there for the better part of oh 3 years or so and we put it on our faces. It no longer smells like apples, but like alcohol and all those other nasty chemicals they put in there and had the consistency of a loogie (not sure if that's spelled right) but we did it anyway. Now here I sit, my face smelling like alcohol and tight, tight, tight and we are laughing ourselves silly. Hard to smile without cracking up literally. Ha.
We used to do this all the time when we were first married and certainly before the kids came along. No, my husband is not a metro sexual. He doesn't do manicures or pedicures. This is just a strange way we used to like spending time together. Well, I guess you know it's time to peel this stuff off your face when your partner is snoring. Better go wake him up. I'll be back soon.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Were we comps when we did this with the elders up in the mountains? Man, I love face masks!

Elizabeth said...

No, we weren't but it would have been fun. I like them too.

Heather said...

I love it!! I love moments like that with my hubby too! I think the masks idea is awesome!