Saturday, October 27, 2007

Boo at the Zoo


Today we took the kids to the zoo so they could go "trick or treaing". We woke up insanely early and still had to park across the street in an $8. parking lot. The kids had a great time. Samuel was dressed as a boy in a cape. For some reason he didn't want to add anything else to his ensemble. Rachel was a princess and Bethany was Piglet. Adrianne was dressed as a frog and Megan was a little purple sea lion baby. They were all so cute. Mark took lots of pictures and the kids stood in lines for two hours and got lots of candy. Different businesses in the valley were handing out the candy as well as advertisements for the parents. We came away with coupons for dinner and invitations to vacation share presentations. We were celebrating Mark's birthday even though it isn't until tomorrow and he hasn't been to the zoo in quite a while so we thought it would be fun for all of us. The zoo is under construction right now so there were many parts we couldn't get to.
We saw most all the animals. Mark was getting tired so we didn't get to see many of the wild cats or the giraffes. I took Rachel to the bathroom and when she was done I couldn't find the others. Since I didn't have my cell phone with me I had to beg some stranger to lend me his phone. He was very nice about it and didn't seem to mind helping me out. After we got candy and saw the animals we let the kids play in the park area playground for a little while before heading home. We had a very nice day and we did it as a family for once. I enjoy spending time with my sweetheart and the kids. I'm so greatful to have such a wonderful family! I can't wait to do this again next year.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a fun day! I wanted to go, but we both ended up working Sat morning and Mike worked Sat night. Maybe next year!