A few weeks ago Mark and I were sitting in the living room and discussing ways we can get the kids to do their chores and keep the house clean, etc. Since I have been having morning sickness I have not been able to do much and we needed to figure out a way to minimize my responsibilities without overwhelming the hubby at the same time so we came up with a very good plan. Actually, Mark came up with it and I agree that it is working.
We decided that the entire house will be everyone's chore instead of splitting the chores up and doing them individually. When the kids get home from school and Mark gets home from work we all work together in every room until it is clean. Then we move on to the next and so on. We have been able to get the house clean in under 2 hours. When we all work together and mom and dad are there to keep the kids on task it doesn't take nearly as long to clean the house as it used to! I am still responsible for the kitchen since I am the one who does most of the cooking. The kitchen is really "my room" and it is so nice to be able to cook and clean without the kids crawling all over me. The key is to do the cleaning when they are busy with something else or at school. Then I can make dinner while they're cleaning house. This has really been wonderful! We are still a little backed up on laundry but if you drop by my house there is a good chance it will be in pretty good shape. This makes us all happy.
As far as the morning sickness goes, it is still there and still kicking my butt, however, it seems to be easing off a bit and things are now manageable, that is, until dinner time. I make dinner but I haven't been eating it much. I will usually just have an apple or pear instead. Hopefully this will only go on for a couple more weeks and then I will be able to enjoy food again.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You poor thing with that morning sickness. I have only had the one kid so far but I totally remember the morning sickness. I had it most of my pregnancy.
I like the idea on getting the house clean. I bet it is a blessing to you because it is just too much for a pregnant women to keep up with.
Post a Comment