Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tagged: 7 things I love and 7 things I hate

So, today I was looking at a friend's blog and saw that she tagged me. Rule, You can't use your kids or husband for the things you love section so here goes.

7 Things I love:

1. I LOVE a clean kitchen. I love sitting down at the table and knowing I'm not going to get anything sticky stuck to my sleeves or armhair. I like not having nasty smells coming from the garbage can or the sink since I have no dishwasher and I really love being able to walk across the floor without getting junk stuck to the bottom of my feet.

2. I LOVE Scentsy candles. You can buy like a zillion different wonderfully smelly candles and when you get tired of one smell you can put it back in the container and get a different one. what I am trying to say is that you can reuse them and no, I am not a distributor. I just love making the house smell gooood.

3. I LOVE having all my drawers full of clean laundry. There is nothing better than getting out of the shower and having a towel to dry off with and drawers full of anything you want to wear. Clean underwear is the best!

4. I LOVE my camera. Actually, it's Mark's camera but since we are married it is common property and I bought it for him anyway. It takes great pictures and video, which you all who read my blog know since I post so many pictures and videos on my blog. Really, there is no sence in telling a story without pics or videos to back them up.

5. I LOVE going on road trips. We went on several of these when I was a kid. We have been all over the US and parts of Canada. Our most recent trip was to Yellowstone and we went without the kids. Oh, what bliss! That won't happen again for another 8 years, unfortunately.

6. I LOVE going to bed at night. My favorite time of day is when it is time to crawl under those crisp sheets (because all the laundry is clean) and they smell good too. I am so exhauseted by the end of the day that just the feeling of drifting off to sleep really appeals to me. 8 hours of quiet. 8 hours of dreaming of whatever I want to and usually my dreams are delicious!

7. I LOVE having birthday parties for my kids. We invite family and very close friends over and feed them dinner and cake and ice cream. I love seeing the kids smiling faces and the excitement they feel when they open their gifts. I just love seeing them and everyone else so happy. It leaves a good feeling in me that lasts all week long.

7 things I hate:

1. I HATE people who meddle and make your business their business; people who just can't let it go when you tell them to shut up and mind their own dang business; People who tell other people your business; people who judge you and talk about you behind you back when you are standing behind them. Gee, anyone you know????

2. I HATE the Teletubbies. Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to dress up like creatures never before thought of and have them act stupid in front of a camera. I mean, please!! It's bad enough that my kids watch them but do you have to make up stuff that gets stuck in my head all freakin day long??

3. I HATE chocolate. Yes, you read this right. I do not like chocolate unless.... there is some caramel or peanut butter attatched to it somehow. I also like hot chocolate but don't offer me a piece of chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream. The bitter aftertaste is nasty.

4. I HATE public displays of gross affection. I do not like walking through the Washington DC zoo and seeing someone having sex on a bench in the middle of the day. (This happened to me once) and I do not like standing in line at the store with my kids and seeing a couple grossly making out at the checkout and trying to explain to my kids what the HELL they're doing and why it is WRONG!

5. I HATE pushy salesmen and tellemarketers. Honestly, what you say to me makes no difference in how I am feeling or thinking except for the exact opposite of what you want me to feel. I am not interested in buying vacation shares or timeshares. I do not want to donate money to all your crazy causes and I do not enjoy your monotonous tone of voice while you're reading your script.

6. I HATE people who come to my house and ask me if I want to buy their jewelry that they made or being ambushed in the Wal Mart parking lot by people trying to sell me tamales they made in their roach infested kitchen. I don't really know if there are roaches in their kitchens but that the risk you take when you buy food from someone you don't know.

7. I HATE doing the dishes and washing the laundry. I know I love having a clean kitchen and laundry but I don't like doing the work that gets me to the things I love. I have never enjoyed doing chores ever!

K, so here's the tagging part. I tag Rebecca, Heather Perry and Analee

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Hooray! Thanks for doing this...I'm thinking I'm liking this game of tag ;)

Heather said...

Thanks for tagging me. I will have to do this one. Sorry it has been a while since I read your blog. My update on the side bar doesn't always work. I guess I will have to check more often.

Rebecca said...

Hi Elizabeth. I do know you've tagged me, it's just taking me awhile to get to it. :) I'm working on it again tonight!