So, a few weeks ago we found out that I am pregnant. I was excited, a little nervous and wondering if this is the right thing for us right now. Well, I guess it's too late to second guess that one but I just felt a little overwhelmed. We had just had an incident a few days earlier that made me wonder if we were even fit to be parents and now I am pregnant. So, anyway we're going along and feeling good and happy and then it happens.....morning sickness! Wham!! Right out of nowhere I am feeling like a sick dog.
I start the morning out feeling ok. I get the kids ready for school and I'm actually feeling all right and wondering if I have miscarried but then I get home and boom, I want to puke because it might just make me feel better but it doesn't and I just don't want to do anything at all. I want to go to bed and just stay there all day but I can't. I have two very young kids I have to take care of and an almost 5 yr. old with adhd who just can't be left alone for long if you know what I mean.
This is not fun at all. My house is completely wrecked. I am having a hard time making the kids do their chores. I don't even want to do my own chores. Laundry is really backed up, I have a sink and counter FULL of dirty dishes that desperately need to be washed. You know when the kids are begging you to wash a bowl so they can eat breakfast that it is bad. I don't know what to do. I have to do everything around the house and I really just can't function. I am so frustrated that the kids have no respect for me and that my husband, as busy and wonderfully understanding as he is (he hasn't once gotten after me for the condition of the house.) just can't seem to do a single thing to really help me out. Mark did clean most of the kitchen today and believe me, it really needed it, but it is just not enough and how do I tell a man who loves me and goes to work for 8 hours a day that when he comes home I need him to work another 5 hours to get the house in decent shape? It just isn't fair to him! But I am so sick! If I can just last another 8 weeks with the rancid smell of dirty dishes and poopy diapers I will be ok. My marriage may not be ok but physically I should still be here.
I am willing to accept all prayers sent my way so keep them coming. I am pretty sure this will be my last pregnancy. I mean 6 kids is enough right? And maybe someday my kids will do their chores in a timely manner and without complaint. I doubt it but it could happen, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats! I am so sorry for you though with that morning sickness. I had it bad with Ayla. I didn't think I was ever going to feel good again. I can't even imagine having to take care of other kids on top of that. I guess one of these days I will find out. I will send my prayers over your way.
Firstly, congratulations!!! And secondly I so just got out of what your are going through. This pregnancy I was so so so sick I could do hardly anything. And the smells coming from around the house just made it worse. I am 23 weeks now and just over the past couple weeks have finally gotten energy back enough to keep my house in some kind of order, most the time. It will get better, and jsut ask dh for more help.
I wish I lived close to you. I'd come over and get your kids or clean your house up for you. Poor baby. I hope it gets better soon!
Post a Comment