Today I took Jon up to the children's hospital for his surgery follow up appointment and since Bethany isn't in Kindergarten until next week I had to take her with me. My sister took the other two girls for me so I didn't have to deal with them while attending to Jon's need.
At the entrance of the hospital are some fountains where people throw in their loose change. I don't know about you but all my kids have tried to steal a little pocket change from fountains when they were little. I told her "we don't do that" but she just couldn't resist touching the cool water and splashing some on a little kid on the way in.
Jon's appointment went well and on the way out Bethany had to make a little stop to touch the water again. I told her to leave the water alone but once again, I was ignored. She stood up and I told her to do it again and she did, happily. :) I tapped her butt with my foot and she lost her balance, of course because this was my plan, and she went into the fountain. (I'm laughing as I write this)
Some people sitting on a bench nearby witnessed my crime and started laughing and so did I because it was hillarious. I pulled her out (not even a foot deep) and we crossed the street to the parking garage. She was mad at me, of course but I told her that I was sorry and that I didn't mean to make her go all the way in and get her shoes and clothes wet. I asked her forgiveness and she readily forgave me.
I started laughing hysterically a few times on the way home and she said that I hurt her feelings and the people who laughed at her hurt her feelings too. I appologized again inbetween bouts of laughter. I just couldn't contain myself. She made it a point to tell the next few people she met that I pushed her into a fountain and I just couldn't stop laughing. Bad Mom!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I bet she will never do that again. LOL!!!
I bet she will. :)
Post a Comment