Friday, November 13, 2009

Childhood Memories

Where I was born. First friends that I remember. Games I played, favorite stories. A time I was scared. A time I felt proud.

I was born at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, Ut. in the winter time. I was delivered via c-section because I was placenta previa. A vaginal birth was just too dangerous a risk for me. I don't know the exact time of my birth but I do know that it was in the morning.
The first friends I remember are the ones who were friends through most of my life. Lisa Kauvaka, Emily Watson, Erin Chesley, Jennifer Drysdale, Nathan Harris, Mary Harris, Ryan Watson, Jason Hay, Carrie Hay, Adam and Adrew Davis, Eddie Sanchez, Julianna Warner and Jubilee Warner were all good friends durring our growing up years. Lisa and Emily were my very best friends, though. We were always together and having sleepovers on Emily's trampoline. We were all in the same ward.
My favorite games were Ghosts in the graveyard, freeze tag, stuck in the mud, basicaly any tag game. We lived in a cul de sac so we had lots of room to run around without having to worry about being hit by cars. I also liked basketball games like HORSE, etc. We played basketball in young women's and volleyball too. The guys would always come to the Harold B. Lee gym where we practiced and would "help" us with our game but we know they just mostly wanted to play. That was ok with us.
My favorite story was "I Spy". I made my mom read it to me over and over until I had it memorized, then I "read" it to myself several times a day. I remember telling my dad that I could read one day when he came home from work. I opened the book and then recited it. He knew I couldn't really read.
When I was little our house had been broken into a couple of times while we were sleeping. I didn't know it at the time but in the morning my parents told us about it. Once, the robbers got away. Another time my dad was sleeping on the couch when they came in the house. They took the t.v. outside and my dad ran into the bedroom and called the police. They arrived before the robbers got away. I was always scared that our house would be broken into after that.
I felt proud when I won a trophy for reading the most pages out of everyone in the school. We had a competition a few years in a row for reading. The students who read more than the others won prizes and trophies. I won 2. To me that was a great accomplishment.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow you had a lot of friends to play with. Sounds like you had a great childhood. That is scary that those robbers came into your house at night.