Wow, I can't believe another year has come and gone. Megan is 7 months old now and she is just getting so big. Isn't it funny how time seems to go by so fast. Don't blink, you might miss something.
This year has been good. It's been full of ups and downs. The best thing that happened this year is that Megan joined our family. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent me this beautiful sweet angel to raise. We are truly blessed.
Mark is still working at the vault. It has been seven and a half years since he started working there. He is doing a fine job there. He is also almost finished with school. Hopefully, he will finish his last on line class by March so he can get his Bachellors Degree. He has also had a couple of good job interviews that we are hopeful for.
I have been home with the younger kids while the older ones are in school. It has been wonderful. I also tried to do some daycare and other various "work from home" opportunities but they all required more work than I was able to give since my younger kids are still so young. I also found out that I have a harder time taking care of other peoples' kids than with my own.
Samuel started first grade this year. He likes his new teacher and has many friends in his class. He comes home with all kinds of art work and fun facts that he learns in school. He has had a little bit of a problem with behavior so I made a deal with him that if he got 50 green cards (good behavior cards) at school I would take him to Costco and he choose a toy under $20. He has been working so hard ever since to get green cards. This Christmas he got a skeleton kit and he put the whole thing together with almost no help from me or Mark. He is such a bright kid and so curious about everything. His reading is improving so much it's just amazing to see his progress.
Rachel is in Kindergarten and she loves it. She too comes home singing songs she learned and fun stories about class. She loves it when I let her walk home from school alone. It makes her feel like such a big girl. I don't realy let her walk home alone. I have kids in the ward who watch her and since we live so close I can stand outside and see her coming down the street. She loves school and she loves her friends. She had a little scare with seizures this year but she is now on medication that keeps her from having them.
Bethany goes to a therapeutic pre-school and she loves it. Every day she asks me if she has school that day. Sometimes I have to tell her no and she cries. That's how much she likes school. Santa Claus came to her class this year and she came home with lots of presents for three days in a row. I couldn't believe all the stuff she got.
Adrianne has been a little angel. She has been so helpful when it comes time to clean house. She loves helping me put trash in the garbage can and she loves helping me put clothes away after they have been folded. She also gives me lots of kisses and hugs. Her vocabulary is expanding very rapidly and she tries new words ever day. It is so exciting to see her develop and turn into the little girl she is.
All in all we have had a very nice year and we look forward to this new year. I hope that it is filled with love and happiness for now and for years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Elizabeth, I am glad that this year was a great one for you. Thanks for the updates on the children. Here's to a fantastic 2008 for us all!
Happy New Year! :)
Post a Comment