Sunday, March 9, 2008

Isaiah's baptism

Today I took the kids to a baptism of a boy in our ward. Initially, I was only going to take Samuel but Rachel and Bethany put dresses on as we were heading out of the door so I decided to take them too. All week long people had been inviting us to come. Usually I forget everything. I forget to take the kids to primary activities all the time and unless I have post it notes everywhere I forget important appointments as well.
Yesterday Isaiah's mother came over to the house to personally invite us so I made sure to put reminders everywhere. We went into the ward building and into the primary room where the font is and found seats to sit in near some friends who I knew would help me out if I needed it. Mark stayed home to get some work done so I didn't have his stern hand keeping the kids under control.
The talks and the baptism were really good. You could feel the love of his family and friends all around him. It was a wonderful and spiritual experience. My kids did dink around and make some noise but there were so many kids there that mine didn't stand out as much as I thought they would. A family friend held Bethany on her lap most of the time so she was actually not that bad and Samuel and Rachel pretty much stayed close enough for me to remind them to be reverent.
I'm glad that my girls were able to come. All day they have been talking about how they want to get baptized and who they want to come. I didn't know that they really knew what was happening but they seem to understand what happens and the reason why we get baptized. Rachel even asked me if I would plug her ears while she plugs her nose when it's her turn. That made me smile.

No comments: