Thursday, April 24, 2008
The tonsils have finally come out!
Yesterday I took Rachel up to the hospital for her tonsilectomy and her tympanostomy (ear tubes). She has had the ear tubes before so that was no big deal but I tried to prepare her for the tonsils the best that I could. I still have mine so I didn't know how to explain what she would be feeling. We were checked in very quickly and then she was allowed to play with toys in the waiting area until they were ready for her. She chose the bubble gum scented gas and went back with the dr. very willingly. When they called me to go to recovery with her she was not doing well at all. She cried for a while and held my hand. They gave her some morpine for the pain and then she was really silly until we left. She fell asleep on the way home and slept all night long. Today she is in a better mood. I gave her some lortab and now she is laying on my bed watching Dora the Explorer. Adrianne is having fun with her big sister. The two of them are having a good time. I'm pretty surprised that she isn't feeling that bad. I hope this continues and is able to eat a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment