Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

So, today is mother's day and it was a very good one. My husband gave me a cook book from the Lion House restaurant, which is what I have wanted for a very long time but thought was too expensive. He was very thoughtful and got it for me anyway. I will treasure it for years to come. I can't wait to try out many of the recipes. At church they gave out potted flowers. I think I will plant mine in the planter box that is built in to my porch. Mark gave his mother the same cook book and I gave my mom a necklace and bracelet set that I made for her. Samuel gave me a potted plant; a sunflower to be exact, and I know I am going to love it! And all day long the girls have been wishing me a happy mother's day. They really are very sweet.
We went to Saratoga to visit with my in-laws. We took the kids to the park by their house while we chatted a while. In their driveway was a big old RV that they bought a few weeks ago and didn't tell us about, not that they have to but you would think they might mention it since they call us all the time. Anyway, we had a nice visit with them. One thing that happened on the way to my mom's house was Adrianne pulled Bethany's hair so Bethany whacked her in the face and made her cry. When Adrianne stopped crying she called Bethany a "stupid bum". My goodness!!! She is only two! I know she learned that term from my adorable menacing kids. Good grief! Mark just smiled and I had my mouth gaping open like a moron. She said it again and again at my mom's and I just appologized. I can't control the shocking things that come out of this kid's mouth.
We had a nice visit with my parents and my siblings. They all came and we had dinner together. My brother and his wife brought their brand new baby girl. Her name is Molly and she is just the cutest little thing. It makes me newborn hungry to hold her. My youngest will be a year old this coming weekend. It would be nice to have another little baby in the house. I also had a good visit with my brother which is something that hasn't happened in a while. We rarely see him at all so it's good when we do. He played the guitar a little and sang the kids a song. After I helped my poor invalid mother clean up the kitchen we bid farewell and came home for some much needed bed time, for the kids, that is. What a wonderful day!

No comments: