Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


We had a great Father's Day this year. One day last week when Mark came home from work I greeted him with a kiss and headed out the door. This year I wanted to make something special for him so I went to Michael's to see what I could make for him. They had a ton of things but I am not a very creative person so it took me a while to come up with what I considered to be a good idea; 3 hours to be exact. I finally came up with someting after looking in an instructional book. Is it illegal to take the instruction without buying the book? I hope not. I bought a generic picture frame, one of those that you have to decorate yourself, glue, a scrapbooking sheet of paper, 5 small frames (teeny), paint, wooden letters that spell "dad" and a 5x7 of my sweetheart.
It took me a few days to get it all together but I did and it turned out great. His picture is featured in the picture frame and then I glued the scrapbooking paper with mod podge to the frame. When it was dry I sponged on paint on the sides of the frame and then painted the "dad" letters to match. Then I printed pictures of each of the kids and taped them into the small frames and then glued those frames to the main frame. It turned out really great and Mark looked so happy when we gave it to him. I love to make him happy. He is a great father and husband. I can't imagine my life without him. I don't know why the Lord saw fit to bless me with such a wonderful man but he did and I am so grateful. To Mark, the man of my dreams, my perfect match. Here's to an eternity of Father's Days. I love you!

No comments: