
This morning I was listening to a radio station and the morning hosts were asking, "What is your favorite smell?" One lady called in and said her favorite smell was that of maneur. I was like, What??? She said it was earthy and reminded her of home. She grew up on a farm. Another woman called and said that her favorite smell was her husband's shirts after he had worn them all day. He is away on business a lot and when she misses him she puts on one of his shirts and that makes her feel better. I thought this was very interesting. It seems that people associate smells with memories of good times and loved ones, etc. Today, in the car, we stopped for gas and Bethany said, "Hmm, gas. I love the smell." Then she asked what it tasted like. I told her it tasted like fire and that she should never drink it. But it makes me wonder, why does she like the smell of gas? Could it be that she just likes to go for rides in the car or is it something else? I may never know but I cherish these moments with my kids when I get to know them a little more each day. You may be wondering what my favorite smell is. It is the smell of strawberries. They are my favorite fruit but it goes a little deeper than that. They are a fruit/berry that smells great even if the flesh is sour or tart. They remind me that even though something may look appealing, their looks may decieve us and we should look to the spirit for guidance. What is your favorite smell?

1 comment:
That is very insightful Elizabeth, I am going to remember about the appearances and inside.
Thanks =)
Post a Comment