Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Boy or Girl....or both??

Last week I went to see my doc. It was a normal visit, checked that baby's heart beat and everything was fine and then.....she measured me. She asked, "how sure are you about your dates? Could you be off by a month?" I said, "No. According to the ultrasound I had two weeks ago the date is right on." Then she said maybe I'm having twins. I assured her that the ultrasound only showed ONE baby in there. Then she told me that too often you can't see the twin in an ultrasound until around the 20th week so I am scheduled for that in a couple of weeks. Since then I have noticed that I don't fit into my jeans anymore and I can usually wear them up until about the 22nd week. I already feel like my stomache is heavy and my back is already starting to get sore and so I am in panic mode right now. I can't handle twins. I used to fantasize and wish for twins but it's just not a good time right now. That means I would have 7 kids in 8 yrs. Samuel is supposed to get baptized a couple of days after my due date. How am I going to handle this?
All of this worrying is premature, I know but I can't stop obsessing over all this. I can't wrap my brain around it. Mark keeps asking me how the 'babies' are and I keep correcting him that there is only one in there and I've just got a lot of fluid but he won't let it go. Anyway, one or two babies, by the time it/they are born I will be ready and everything will be ok, I'll just have to find a "mother's helper" that is ok with just free room and board as her payment to help me out. Anyone know someone like that?

4 comments:

Holly Jo said...

wow!!! Exciting and scary!!! I remember with my first they thought I was having twins because I was growing so fast, and ahead. I cried for 2 weeks until my ultrasound revealed just one! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer to find out forsure.

Heather said...

Wow that is crazy but exciting! I hope you find someone to help you!

KAT said...

Wow!! Have you heard anything yet??? You will do great no matter what happens. :-)

Elizabeth said...

We don't know anything yet. Our ultrasound is on the 15th. I'll post about it when we find out.