A friend of mine IMd me and told me that I need to update my blog so here goes. The Monday before halloween we went to my mom's for family night and we carved pumpkins. We took lots of pictures and I am still waiting for the folks to email them to me so I can post them. They looked really cool so I can't wait to get them. We also made pumpkin pies out of the pieces we cut out. There were several pumpkins to say the least. We had a lot of fun.
For Halloween Samuel was a vampire, Rachel and Bethany were purple witches and very cute. Megan was a bumble bee and Adrianne was a walrus. All were very cute. We went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood since our ward/stake activity coordinators decided that trunk-or-treating was a bad idea. I don't know why! The kids ended up with a TON of candy, which I have been eating way too much of. We went to see my parents and Mark's parents. The poor kids were so tired and asleep before we even got to Mark's parents' house but they weren't cranky, luckily.
On Sat. Mark blew out the engine in the mazda. He saw that it was overheating but wanted to see how far he could get before it died. It made it a little more than halfway to his destination before he called me to bail him out. Now I am left without a car and we are talking about buying a new one. Our mazda was free but still.... We don't have money for a new car. Oh well. sigh
On Monday Samuel told me he wasn't feeling well so I let him stay home from school. Then Rachel told me she was sick and I sent her to school anyway. I figured she was trying to get out of going to school too and I wasn't going to fall for it. To make a long story short, she called me at lunch time to tell me that she had thrown up at school. Then yesterday she called again to tell me she was sick. Later that day she confessed to me that she wasn't really sick, just wanted to come home and have fun so I made her clean house all day and didn't give her any of her Halloween candy. I have a ton of errands to run but can't run any of them because I don't have a car. At least I could go to the store but now can't go anywhere.
This morning it snowed a lot so I sent Sam and Rachel to school by themselves. I didn't want to walk through the snow with the younger kids, fighting the snow with the stroller and getting frustrated. The kids were glad to walk by themselves. We only live half a block from the school and the crossing guard watches out for them so I knew they would be ok. I won't have this luxury next year when Bethany's in kindergarten. That girl cannot be left to her own devices for even a second. Someday that might change but not in the near future.
I also voted yesterday. I took the kids with me because I had no other choice but I also wanted them to see how seriously I take it. We have been talking about it a lot lately and have explained to the kids why we vote and how important it is and when they're old enough it will not only be their privelledge but their responsibility as well. I am a little dissappointed with the way things went but I look forward with hope that the economy will improve and that the situation in the middle east will be resolved as well. I guess we will see.
I guess no one liked my last post. Either it wasn't very funny or I am not very popular. I was considering taking it off but a friend of mine said to leave it. What do you think? I wonder how many people even read my blog.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I read it and I enjoy reading your blog.
I can't wait to see the pictures too.
I am so sorry about your car.
Hi Elizabeth,
I love reading your blog. I just never leave comments because I don't know what to say. I do read your blog though and everyone else'so I can keep in touch. Congrats on the pregnancy. I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad your kids are keeping you busy and happy. Hang in there. I would love to know what you are having when you find out. Keep up the good work. Alicia.
Post a Comment