So I decided it was time to potty train Adrianne. There are two kids in nursery who are younger than she is and they are both potty trained so I figured it was time to jump on the bandwagon and train her too. I could have done this months ago but I just wasn't ready. Adrianne brings me a diaper when she is stinky and has done so for such a long time.
So anyway, I started her a couple of days ago and she had one success but several accidents. That is to be expected, of course. Then yesterday she had no accidents. I put a diaper on her at naptime but that was it. She hasn't pooped in the potty yet but it's only a matter of time before she does. She gets really excited and I praise her tons when she goes. We have a "potty party" each time she goes. We have noise makers and we do a little dance and then she gets a sticker to put on her potty chart. Did I mention she also gets a licorice whip? She is now going potty without me telling her it's time to go. I am so excited and happy that this is going so well.
So far this morning she has had no accidents. I hope this continues to be her pattern. She would officially be the easiest kid I have had to train. I'm not expecting a miracle but things are looking good so far.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is awesome and how cute you celebrate every time she goes. I hope it continues to go well.
Post a Comment