Monday, January 12, 2009

Holly Hannah!!

Last night after I tucked my son into bed he came and found me and told me that he felt like turning into a ball. I told him to go back to bed and if he wanted to turn into a ball he could do it there. Then I went to bed and a few minutes later he came to my room and crawled into bed with me. Mark was still down on the computer doing "who knows what" and I didn't feel like fighting Samuel to go back to bed so I let him crawl in next to me and we went to sleep. Mark came to bed at 11 and put Sam on the couch to sleep and we turned in and went to sleep.
At around 11:30 the hall light turned on and woke me up. Sam came and shut my bedroom door and I went back to sleep. I figured he woke up and it was too dark for him and so he turned on the hall light. A short time later he came back into my room and crawled into bed but only stayed a couple of minutes. He got up and left and then came back about an hour later and burrowed in next to us. Because of this Mark started snoring loudly and I was wrestling with a bit of restless leg syndrome. I get this when I'm pregnant.
Anyway, I decided to get up and walk around for a bit and when I got to the hallway I felt something wet beneath my feet. I turned on the light and was mortified by what I had seen. The entire hallway was covered in vomit. I couldn't believe that all of that came out of my little boy. I immediately woke Mark up and told him that I needed his help. He got up and when he saw the mess he was pretty grumpy. You could tell that it had been there a while.
So, 2:30 am comes around and we are done cleaning up the mess, so we thought. I checked the couch and yep, it was all over the cushions and part of the back of the couch so we took the cushion covers off and shampooed the parts that don't come off and then went back to bed; but first, we took Samuel down to his bed in case this happened again.
Mark stayed home from work as a result of last night's events and when Sam got up he appologized for throwing up in the hall. I asked him why he didni't come and tell us and he said that he was scared that he would get in trouble. We explained to him that he will never get in trouble for throwing up but he does have to tell us when he does so that we can get it cleaned up right away. Luckily we were able to get it all out. Apparently he took a bath in the basement so he wouldn't wake us up. He said he was covered in it.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Poor little guy :( Throw up is nasty stuff, especially at two in the morning.

Heather said...

What a sweet little guy to go take a bath in the basement so he wouldn't wake you up but it was probably because he thought he was in trouble. Wow what a night. I sure you were glad to have that one over but felt it the next day. I sorry that happened. :(