Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the Successful Mothering Convention. Mark agreed to watch the kids all day while I was gone and it was so very nice. I went to several classes taught by doctors, journalists and prominent members of the community who also happen to be doctors. I went to classes on how to set boundaries with other adults as well as your kids and raising kids who know how to work and govern themselves. I went to another class that taught how to get your home organized in 10 easy steps. I also went to a class on discipline without tears. I really liked them all. I went to a couple more but can't remember at this moment what they were about. I took really good notes though.
I also ran into a wonderful friend of mine and we attended a couple of classes together. It was really nice to see her especially now that we aren't in the same ward anymore. I also bought some things at vendors' booths and when I got home Mark wasn't mad at me. :)
I was surprised, however, that the house was clean. Not only was it clean but it was very clean. I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband who watches the kids while I'm gone all day and cleans the house so I don't have to do it when I get home. I am truly blessed. Thank you honey for cleaning the house and keeping the kids alive one more day. I love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Elizabeth,
I had so much fun too. I wish Icould have had more time to talk to you. I loved seeing you and taking those classes together. Good luck with the upcoming weeks with your pregnancy and maybe your trip to Oregon? Tell everyone Hi for me and hopefully I will see you again soon. Alicia.
That is awesome!! I'm glad you had a great day!
I would have like to have gone to that. It would be interesting to know how to discipline without tears.
I am glad you came home to a clean house. I bet that felt good!
Post a Comment