Saturday, January 31, 2009
OUCH!
We had two bad things happen yesterday. First of all, Megan fell off the piano bench and fractured her wrist (both bones). Let me tell you I felt so terrible. She is the first of my kids to break a bone. Hopefully she will be the last. I had to take all the kids with me to the Dr. and I phoned Mark to come and pick them up as soon as he got off work. I spent the whole time carrying Megan back and forth from the Dr.'s office to radiology, etc and I have worsened my sciatic nerve problem. (not sure if I spelled that right). When we got home I started having major spasms and could not walk, sit, stand, lay down or move period. Mark had to help me several times and I called my Dr. to see what I should do. So I took half of a lortab pill and it did the trick, at least for last night. This morning I got up and it started happening again. I called the Dr. again and she told me to go get a massage and to start seeing a chiropractor. So Mark got online and looked up one that accepts our insurance and was open today and he made me an appointment. I went and he did make it feel better and I haven't had another spasm since but I have to go every other day for a couple of weeks and hopefully then I will have this under control. As for Megan, I have to take her back to the Dr. next week so they can put a cast on her wrist. For now she is wearing and taking off her splint so I have to watch her carefully to make sure she leaves it alone. Not fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Poor Megan!! Hopefully she'll heal quickly!
Been there, doing that with the back pain. Ouch! I hope the chiropractor does the trick for you!!
Poor Megan. That breaks my heart for the both of you. I bet it was hard to watch your little one get hurt like that.
So to hear about your spasms. I am glad they got better. Lets hope they stay that way.
Elizabeth, I was wondering if you mind if I link your blog on one of my posts?
I don't mind at all.
Post a Comment