On the 3rd Sunday of every month my family gets together at my mom's house to celebrate the birthdays of those who had birthdays within the month. It is cheaper and easier to do it this way since there are usually a few birthdays each month. This month it was Adrianne's, my sister's and my grandmother's birthday. Yesterday was my grandma's 80th birthday, a pretty big milestone in our family, at least we make a big deal of it.
Today, as we gathered at the table to eat dinner, Rachel told my grandma happy birthday and asked her how old she was. My grandma said, "I am 80 years old." Rachel's reply (with a very serious and concerned look on her face) "Oh no grandma, you are almost going to die!!" I was mortified!! But my grandma laughed so hard her juice came out of her nose and everyone was laughing. I was just glad that my grandma found this as funny as everyone else did.
Later we pulled Rachel aside and explained to her why we don't say those kinds of things to people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would have died too. I had to laugh too though. That was pretty funny. Kids say what they are thinking.
Post a Comment