Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

So Mother's Day was great at my house. My family was all sick with the exception of me, the baby and Bethany so the 3 of us went to church while Mark stayed home with the rest. I figured our chances of staying healthy were better at church than if we had stayed at home.
Since it was Mother's Day I took a day off from cooking and cleaning whether it got done or not. Mark was nice and got up to feed the kids breakfast so I could sleep a little longer. The baby is still waking me up 2 to 3 times a night so I was really glad to have the help. After church was over I took the kids to my mom's house for dinner and all the family was there. It's been a while since all my brothers and sisters have been in the same place together.
I took John over to my old bishop's house so he could see him. It's kind of a tradition we have when I have a new baby. I take the baby over there and visit with them. Bishop Randall is kind of like a secondary father to me. I grew up across the street from him. I grew up with his kids and he was a really great bishop. He loved all the youth in the ward back then and it showed. We had a nice visit and then I took the kids home so they could go to bed.
When I got home I got the best gift I could have received for Mother's Day. Mark cleaned the entire upstairs for me and put away all the clean laundry. I could not believe it. Mark does not clean unless he has to or I get mad and yell at him for not helping enough around the house, and there he was at home cleaning for me, to make me happy. He wrote me a nice love letter and cleaned the upstairs for me for Mother's Day as his gift to me. We are really poor right now and I knew we couldn't afford to buy anything that wasn't absolutely necessary so I really wasn't expecting a gift. I just can't express how happy I was when I got home to such a great surprise. Thanks honey!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

That is so great! Clean houses are the really the best gifts of all.

Heather said...

The best things in life are free. I am glad he did that for you. I really shows he loves you.

I am glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day!