Sunday, May 17, 2009

We're back.

We are back in the hospital with John. Yesterday when I changed his diaper I noticed another abscess on his bum so we came back to the E.R. 8 hours later they admitted him and surgeons were in and out explaining what they were going to do. For 8 hours I couldn't nurse my baby because they didn't know what/when things were going to happen. At 8:00 pm they decided to let me nurse him but he couldn't eat anything after midnight. I made sure to feed him good and it's a good thing I did because he didn't go into surgery until 11:00 am today.
They drained his abscess and put in a drainage tube this time so we're not back here in 2 days with another infection. It will take 1 to 3 weeks for this to heal so I have to give him sitz baths for a half hour each 3 times a day for 2 weeks. We also have to come back to the hospital every week so they can check the wound until it heals. Then, if he gets another infection they will do surgery to see if they can find a fistule and tie it off so this doesn't happen again.
I would have written here last night but getting some sleep was more important to me. I'm still pretty tired so I'm going to try for a nap right now while he is asleep. If you're wondering why my posts haven't made sense for the past few days/weeks it is because I can barely keepy my eyes open.

2 comments:

KAT said...

Oh my goodness! You guys are in my prayers. Poor little man!

Heather said...

You poor thing! Hang in there! Like I said, I will keep John in my prayers.